Monday, May 19, 2008

Blogging from the University of Lille

Play time is over and its time to start work. At least thats what I thought when I woke up today to start my internship at the University. It turns out the professor is sick today and the students arent quite sure what to do with me so they gave me a computer so I could sit and do nothing. I dont feel so bad because theyre not really doing anything either. Maybe it has something to do with the boss being gone. Sounds a lot like my lab.

You may have noticed the conspicuous absence of apostrophes in my contractions. Well, apparently they dont believe in apostrophes enough to put them on their keyboards here. Also, "a" and "q" have switched places as well as "z" and "w". Also, "m" is where the ";" usually is, and you have to press shift to type a period or any of the numbers. Needless to say, it makes typing extremely painful with lots of backspacing going on. You dont realize how much you use "a" and "m" until you type on one of these keyboards.

Anyway, Im sure theyre going to lunch soon, so I should stop blogging. If any of the formatting shows up funny looking, its something with these computers.

I wonder what Chelsy is doing right now...

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Omgoodness, I would go crazy with that keyboard lol! That is so wild!